Goals for October
Well. It is incredible how much one month can change the focus on your goals! I am headed into a bit of a different October than I anticipated, but I wanted to set some goals for the month and see how I did on my goals in September.
1. Take up martial arts. B
I had a training session, but needed to abandon the sport until my stress fracture healed because suicide sprints and kicking directly where my fracture is was frowned on by my doctor. However, I have been working on my footwork and have practiced what I learned in sparring, so I have lots to build on when I return.
2. Do a safe build for Scotiabank Marathon. F
3. Have one free week night a week. B
It was hard to slow down this month and although I truly think I could have accomplished it if I hadn’t had such a busy month at work, I just moved my busy training schedule to a busy work schedule. Regardless, I did take some time throughout the month to slow down so it all balances out!
4. Check in with my hyperthyroidism. A++
Yeah buddy! This is one area that I absolutely aced and I have a post next week to chat all about it. Some exciting news in my list of recent medical failures, so I am looking forward to chatting!
5. Celebrate! A++
I had lots to celebrate this month as many people in my life had birthdays and big life events. It kind of ties into number three, but it was awesome to take the time to make sure the important people in my life felt loved and celebrated.
6. BONUS. Play squash once a week. A
I played baseball for one of the nights, but I have been working on the movements of squash, while not moving around too much because of my stress fractures.
Because I was racing headlong into a racing season and that all is changed, here are my new goals for October:
1. Cheer on my runner friends at Scotiabank! Even though I am not on the race course, it will be incredible to be out cheering and celebrating the incredible race performances that everyone who is running it will bring. I can’t wait to see you all there!
2. Perfect my swim stroke. Being the Type A human I am, I merely moved my 10 + hours of training on the road indoors to the pool! I have joined a local Masters swim group and I am at the pool 4-5 times a week doing pool drills and pool running. I am basically a fish at this point but I have so much to learn in terms of proper form.
3. Take a vacation. Next weekend, I am giving up on regular schedules and cooling weather and heading to Zihuatanejo in Mexico to eat some of my favourite foods, spend time in the ocean and explore the local area. I have a fascination with Mexico and I am so stoked to spend some time there. Although I can’t do any running, I will be doing lots of swimming and hiking.
4. Support the Adventure Science trek. You may recall my 100 Miles of Wild trek with Adventure Science…they are on a new expedition this month to Madagascar! Because I am staying here this time, I am using my PR skills and handing all base communications for the trek. It is so much fun to work with some of the best explorers and adventurers in the world and I am looking forward to learning lots!
5. Complete my blog redesign. I have had a blog redesign in the works for many months now and I am hoping to have it fully rolled out by the end of October. There are a lot of moving parts, but I am looking forward to getting everything running smoothly!
How about you? What are your goals for October?
What are some things you are proud of from September?