Goal Setting for November
Well hello friends. I hope you are well rested and ready to tackle the week with the extra hour you had this weekend.
I spent some time checking out a new restaurant in Kitchener called Pure.
I had the Chic P Zen bowl with Angela and Nina.
It is hard to believe that we are already in November, but it is time to set some goals for the month and look at how I did in October.
1. Cheer on my runner friends at Scotiabank! A+
It was an awesome day on the course and we had a ball screaming people’s names off of their race bibs. I had some much fun that I ALMOST forgot that I wasn’t racing myself. Almost.
2. Perfect my swim stroke. A Guys, I have worked SO hard at this. Every Tuesday and Thursday, I am in the pool with a swim coach nit picking at my form. I have made huge improvements since I started and I am speeding up with my intervals, but I still have a long way to go before I am ready to compete.
3. Take a vacation. A+
I had the most incredible time in Mexico and came back completely rested and ready to tackle the rest of the year. I am sleeping more, managing stress levels and making some life changes since returning that are going to have a huge impact on my training. (I’ll keep you posted!)
4. Support the Adventure Science trek. A
While the team was exploring the Tsingy Forest in Madagascar, I received daily updates from the field and kept the social media machine rolling. I did a trek through the North Dakota Badlands with Adventure Science in 2013 and since then, I have learned as much as I can about the organization.
5. Complete my blog redesign. A+ Tada! I am done and I couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome. It has been in the works for quite some time and it is a huge relief to be done!
And for November?
1. Return to running. I have never been happier to type these words. I have been given the official go-ahead to start slowly incorporating running back into my life over the next couple weeks. Although it will be a painfully slow build, I am excited to get back out there, despite the crazy cold!
2. Start working on a big project for 2015. Angela from Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat and I are best friends in real life, and yes, we met many many years ago when we first started our blogs. Our hangouts often involve plant based restaurants and the words “work back schedule” and “vision board”. We are coming out with a big, exciting project together launching in 2015 and although we have been chatting it out for months, we are only now starting to put it in motion. November is where the rubber hits the road!
3. Complete my first Canadian Adventure Race. Even though I am not running, I am so excited to get out on a race course again. I am joining forces with the boys of Explore the Backcountry next weekend at RAID THE HAMMER.
4. Get a good start on Christmas shopping. The names are picked for my family and it is time to start tackling the list. It’s so hard to believe I can even be typing this, but Christmas will be here before I know it! I hate shopping during the Christmas rush and I like my gifts to be personal. If it is last minute from me, you WILL be getting a gift card.
5. Connect with some old friends! It has been a busy year and I haven’t seen some friends as much as I wanted to. I am focusing on spending some quality time with some very dear people this month and just being a bit of a social butterfly, taking advantage of my off season and the extra time in my schedule.
What was the coolest thing you did in October?
What is on your list of goals for November?