This has been a whirlwind of a week. I am working on a huge project at work which has taken a lot of my focus and attention. Considering I had something going on every evening and I am up early to get my training in every morning, it felt a bit like I was burning the candle at both ends.
This weekend, I am looking forward to some R&R.
That is, if that is what I was doing! Tonight I am headed out with friends and Saturday I am tackling a big event with a local charity and then headed to take in the NHL game with a friend. Sunday is a double run day and more friend stuff. Social or die.
I wanted to make a list of things because it’s Friday and this is what I do sometimes.
1. It was World Nutella Day yesterday and somehow I missed it? People know me very well and posted these treasures on my wall.
2. I am coming down with a cold right now. I am adding ginger to my green smoothies, cooking with garlic and knocking back these babies.
3. My favourite album this week has been Gareth Emery’s DRIVE. It came out a while ago but I have been doing some tempo work on the bike and it pairs perfectly. I love every song on this album.
4. Genuine Health sent me their latest fermented food bars and OMG. Seriously. I opened both the chocolate brownie and peanut butter chocolate and ate half of each to see which one tasted better. I can’t decide so I will just eat them all.
5. My iPhone5S battery is dying and I am seriously considering replacing it myself. This week, the earpiece died as well and I am not impressed. I have only had the phone 6 months. Is anyone else having these issues? Not happy, Siri. Not happy.
6. I am developing a huge office collection of Nuun All Day in Grapefruit Orange flavour because it is delicious and when you empty the container, you can store paper clips and stuff in there.
7. I just welcomed a new member into my outdoor gear family. A speedy Niner mountain bike. I also have some bad ass looking winter tires for it so I am ready to ride as soon as I get it fitted. Wilderness Traverse won’t train for itself!
8. Speaking of Wilderness Traverse, I joined a local trail and orienteering club that goes out to practice orienteering. It is my weakest part of adventure racing so I am looking forward to getting more map and landscape reading savvy. I can’t North my way out of a paper bag on a good day.
9. I am LOVING the lacrosse ball for fascia release work this week. Check out this post for instructions on how to do it yourself!
What is on your list right now?