Exactly what they tell you not to do.
I am busily packing for Around the Bay. This afternoon, Leanne, my long distance running partner in crime and I are headed to the race expo and to my good friend’s house who is letting us crash at her house so we don’t need to drive back for the race in the wee hours of the morning.
I am really excited about this race. I have been racing 5 km for two seasons now and although the speed training is what I NEED, what I WANT is a wide open road where I can run. And run. And run. So it is refreshing to do a long run again.
I am trying out a few new things for this race, which is exactly what they tell you not to do…
– I have freshened up my running playlist and a few of the new songs to make the cut are:
1. Not your Fault- AWOLNATION
2. Whole lotta Skillex, Chemical Brothers, Liquid Stranger and the imperative Infected Mushroom
3. Body Work – Tegan and Sara
4. Starships- Nicki Minaj
5.We are Young – Fun.
Recently Jesse and I were out to dinner with one of our very musically talented friends and he was quizzing me on the music I run to because I analyse the rhythm and arrange my music accordingly so I do mild interval training in my long runs. I always try to run to the beat. He asked me what music will never, ever ever leave my running playlist for any reason. I had one song for him.
1. Going Insane – Infected Mushroom (the 8 minute version)
I have never had a running playlist without this song.
– Another new thing is I have a brand new lululemon shirt and Leanne and I are rocking new black arm warmers to intimidate people as we run by them. Actually, we had taken a trip to the local Nike Outlet store and couldn’t find anything so we decided on arm warmers. I think it is brillant.
– The last new thing I am trying is Chaganol. I recently started working at a gym that has a health food section and my manager told me I MUST have this if I am running a race. Perfectly natural/legal/all that good stuff so we shall see how it works.
I always dedicate my runs to a special person in my life. This race, I am dedicating my sister and soon to be brother in honor of the amazing promise they are about to make to each other.
Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
See you at the finish line!