Giveaway: Polar M200
For everything you need to know about the watch, you can check out the Polar website or the DC Rainmaker review here. I find Ray’s reviews to be the first place I go for an honest review of a product and I have included his video on the watch below.
Ray’s review covers most of the watch details, but here are some of my thoughts.
- Extremely customisable sport profiles: I loaded the watch with all of my sport profiles that I have in my other Polar devices and I continue to be blown away with the options. Activity choices like Mountain bike orienteering, hiking and ultra running are just a few of the very specific profiles that are offered.
- Great battery life: I used the watch to track my 60 KM of the La Cloche Silhouette Trail last weekend and it was over 7 hours of activity. I put it on the ultra running setting and it used less battery.
- Stylish enough to wear anywhere: I wear this watch to work as a part of my professional wear because it counts my steps and combines with my other activity.
- It automatically syncs to Polar Flow: I find with my other watch, I need to make a point to sync the activity to the app on my phone. With the M200, if it is close to your phone and connected to wifi, the activity will sync automatically. I have my Polar Flow account synced to Strava and Training Peaks as well so it is a seamless upload to multiple platforms.
- Accurate GPS and heart rate tracking – I compared it with my other devices and found it to be extremely accurate.
- Intuitive interface: I found I didn’t need to read any manuals or articles to jump right in and use the watch. It is intuitive and easy to use with only two buttons to work with.
- Extremely reasonable price point: Considering it has everything you need to train, it retails for $189.99, making it one of the most affordable training watches on the market.
Bottom line? This watch does not have bells and whistles but it is the perfect watch for someone on a budget who wants to have heart rate training and GPS equipped, water proof watch.
This is exactly the watch that the sports market needs right now for athletes who don’t want to pay for anything more than exactly what they need. I would LOVE for you to try it out as well. Polar left this up to me on how I want to give it out so I wanted to address it using something I think everyone is struggling with right now – the fact that November is pretty blah. The watch is marketed around finding the joy in running so I wanted to push this outdoors – especially considering that the worst the weather gets, the easier it is to hole up indoors.
Here is how you enter:
- Go outside.
- Do some sort of physical activity that brings you joy.
- Take a photo and share it on twitter or instagram and tag @PolarGlobal, @lacesandlattes and add the hashtag #polarm200
- Extra entry for sharing the contest (click to tweet below).
I will announce the winner next Monday, November 14 at 5:30 AM, EST. Looking forward to seeing your entries this week!