Goals for March 2015
Hope you all had a great weekend! I got in a long run, started shopping for a new road bike (open to your suggestions!) and spent a lot of time with friends.
We have a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s jump right in!
BOSTON TRAINING THIS WEEK
Monday: Treadmill Run – 12 KM – [12 X 400 m repeats in 90s], Core work
Tuesday: Spin class – 1 HR
Wednesday: Treadmill Run – 14.5 KM – 10 KM tempo at 4:35/km
Thursday: Swim 3,000 m
Friday: Treadmill Run – 11.3 KM at 5:20/km pace
Saturday: Outdoor run – 28 KM at 5:05/km pace
Another solid training block for Boston and I am pleased with the way things are headed. I feel strong both physically and mentally and it is SO true that you come off injuries stronger than when you started. I am still heavy on cross training and my milage will not climb super high for this marathon. My goal this year is HEALTH so I am making sure I stay rested and strong.
It is SO hard to believe it is March which strikes fear in my heart as I have a bunch of impending deadlines, but it also means warmer weather is right around the corner! Looking back over the past month, I have accomplished a lot!
1. Get my domestic on! B
I get a B on this one. I did not touch that bag of lentils due to a very busy month but Angela and I did tackle kombucha and sauerkraut so I feel a bit like a fermenting goddess. You can read about our adventures here.
2. GIVE – B
I am only getting a B on this one because I didn’t end up giving blood because you guys are amazing. I didn’t even think about the ramifications of giving blood during training and I wrote about it here. It ended up being a bit controversial so I would love to hear your thoughts on donating during training?
I also helped out at a very successful Potato Blitz for House of Friendship.
3. Connect with three business mentors. A
I am in the middle of some pretty big decisions with my career education and it has been invaluable to meet with mentors and get their guidance and feedback.
4. Do more snow sports. F
Does running in the snow count? I went to go out and realized my XC ski boots are MIA so until they turn up and needed to cancel the snowboard trip due to work. This was just not my month.
5. Do a slow and steady build for Boston this month with a challenge from Goodlife: A+
Success! I have survived a hard month of training and remained strong and heart healthy. I love training at Goodlife Fitness because the trainers are as involved with my fitness as I am and the gym is so big there is always enough weights and machines. I am a regular there and they always ask me what my workout is that day. I am beyond excited that my local Goodlife is also getting hot yoga!
Winner of the Healthy Heart Challenge is announced below!
Goals for March?
1. Nutritionally prep for Boston. I am 7 weeks out and it is normally around the time I start dialling in the nutrition to make sure I am as ready as I can be. I am currently reading this book and love the information and recipes.
2. Introduce a few people to trail running. I am racing with 5 Peaks again this year and there are a number of friends who have come forward and said they are interested in trying out the sport themselves! I am taking them to a few meet and greets and on a few trail runs. If you are one of those people, send me a message and I would love to go on a trail run with you! Also, if you are interested in running with me at the 5 Peaks races this season, you can get a discount using discount code JESSICA.
3. Do a Janji order for Boston. I am looking forward to rocking some of their new clothes while meeting the team for the very first time!
4. Self care. I will have more details later, but I am in the process of moving for the second time in four months while simultaneously tackling the busiest month at work and making some pretty huge life decisions. ALL THE STRESS, you guys. It is easy for me to forget to eat well, sleep enough and take enough down time when things get crazy and I am doing my best to prioritize it this month.
5. Get a hair cut. Things are mangy around here….
And now, The winner of the Goodlife Fitness Giveaway is:
What are your goals for March?
Road bike suggestions for me?
Do you give blood when training?